Sunday, August 8, 2010

Fetishism Defined and Deconstructed



Our liking for some objects is just normal, but if our reverence for them reaches the maximum then it's beyond normal already. Others find this one as an abnormal behavior that can lead to kinky sexual thoughts. Let's take a look at the definition from the experts first.

variant - fetich

Etymology:

1610s, fatisso, from Port. fetiço "charm, sorcery," originally feitiço "made artfully, artificial," from Latin facticius "made by art," from facere "to make" (see factitious). Latin facticius in Spanish has become hechizo  "magic, witchcraft, sorcery." Probably introduced by Portuguese sailors and traders as a name for charms and talismans worshipped by the inhabitants of the Guinea coast of Africa. Popularized in anthropology by C. deCulte des Dieux Fétiches" (1760), which influenced the word's spelling in English (French fétiche, also from the Portuguese word). Figurative sense of "something irrationally revered" is American English 1837

Merriam-Webster's definition:

An object (as a small stone carving of an animal) believed to have magical power to protect or aid its owner; broadly: a material object regarded with superstitious or extravagant trust or reverence; b: an object of irrational reverence or obsessive devotion

Origins:

This was first described by Sigmund Freud in 1887, sexual fetishism is a form of paraphilia, a psychological disorder that involves some kind of obsessive sexual desire. Other kinds of include voyeurism ("Peeping Toms"), exhibitionism ("flashing" people) and ("cross-dressing"). The paraphiliatransvestitismparaphilia

According to Martin P. Kafka, M.D., in his article "Therapy for Sexual Impulsivity: The Paraphilias and Paraphilia-Related Disorders," fetishism is usually a male disorder. Psychiatrists and psychologists don’t generally agree on what causes a fetish or why it is so predominant in males.

Symptoms:

Fetishism is called an obsession because the object of obsession must be involved in order to reach sexual satisfaction. Also, the obsession often interferes with your life. It is a compulsion, or something you have to do.

There are fetishes that are more common than others. Some typical fetishes include ones focused on underwear, body piercings, wigs, leather, stockings or bras. There is also a similar form of paraphilia known as partialism. This is when a part of the body is the object of sexual arousal. Partialism is different from sexual fetishism because the object of obsession is not inanimate.

Treatment:

Therapy is the only treatment for extreme sexual fetishes. While in some cases, a sexual fetish is not obsessive and may be left untreated, most sexual fetishes are extreme and one cannot reach sexual satisfaction without it. You should seek therapy and possibly take psychoactive medication in this case.

So where do you belong then? Do you consider yourself having this kind of behavior?

My Own Fetish

I admit. I used to collect underwears of my men from previous sexual encounters. I was able to keep three dozens through begging or used my charm to have them. I valued most the underwears with traces of their cum. =)

One chat mate of mine from the Philippines, when I was working overseas sent me his two underwears laden with his dried cum. We regularly chatted with webcam jerking himself heavily then pouring his semen in his underwear then mailed them to me.

What did I do with cum-laden briefs? I sniffed them, licked his dried cum while he's gladly watching me on my webcam eating his undies. ;-)

He loved the sight he was seeing and what I was doing. But of course, he was jerking in real time at my actions showing himself happily in his webcam.

Prior to my working overseas, I already have those dozens of undies in my closet. Undies from my sexual eyeballs (guys go home without their undies LOL), and undies from my previous boyfriends.

I just realized one day that I stopped collecting undies from my sexual partners. At present I'm not asking anymore from my partners to leave me some remembrance. So in this case, am I treated? I guess so. I don't need a therapy to cure me if they define this one as a mental illness.

But I still do love the sight of guys with their erect manhood trying to escape from the cloth.

Perhaps you would want to ask what my Mom did to the collection of undies I've had in my closet? She even bothered to call me overseas reporting to me about her discovery. She washed ALL OF THEM! Thinking they were mine. ;-)

How about you? What's your fetish?

No comments:

Post a Comment